India and Nobel, Before Independence and After Independence
After Independence, Mr. Abhijit Banerjee turns into the tenth Indian or Indian Origin individual to win the Nobel Prize in 2019 in Economic Sciences with Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer, "for their trial way to deal with mitigating worldwide neediness. He alongside his better half Esther Duflo are the 6th hitched couple to together win a Nobel Prize.
Before Independence Nobel Prize Winners of India or Indian Origin :
1. Rabindranath Tagore : Rabindranath Tagore, awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1913, was awarded "because of his fresh and beautiful verse, by which, he expressed in his own English words, a part of the literature of the West"
2. CV Raman : Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 "for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him".
After Independence Nobel Prize Winners of India or Indian Origin :
3. Subrahmanyan Chandrashekhar : Another Indian, American Subrahmanyan Chandrashekhar was awarded the Nobel prize in Physics in 1983 "for his theoretical studies of the physical processes of importance to the structure and evolution of the stars".
4. Mother Teresa : In 1979, Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. She founded a new sisterhood, Missionaries of Charity. Mother Teresa and her helpers have built homes for orphans.
5. HG Khorana : In 1968, Indian-American HG Khorana was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology, along with Robert W Holley and Marshall W Nirenberg "for their interpretation of the genetic code".
6. Amartya Sen : In 1998, Amartya Sen was awarded the Nobel Prize "for his contributions to welfare economics".
7. VS Naipaul : Awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2001, VS Naipaul, born in Trinidad, in 1932, was the descendant of indentured labourers shipped from India.
8. Venkatraman Ramakrishnan : Tamilnadu born Venkatraman Ramakrishnan was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistery in 2009 "for studies of the structure and function of the ribosome".
9. Kailash Satyarthi : The Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 was awarded to Kailash Satyarthi for his "struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education". He shared his prize with Pakistani's Malala Yousafzai.
History Of Nobel Prize : The Nobel Prize is a lot of yearly universal honors presented in a few classes by Swedish and Norwegian establishments in acknowledgment of scholastic, social, or logical advances. The desire of the Swedish scientific expert, designer and industrialist Alfred Nobel set up the five Nobel prizes in 1895.